Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
We are writing to share the 2020 edition of Your Safety and Security at Syracuse University. Required by The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (“Clery Act”), our report is now online and can be found by visiting dps.syr.edu/annual-security-report/. This report is one of the many ways we communicate with our campus community about crime and fire safety data, crime prevention programs, student safety guidelines and important information on our campus safety reporting procedures.
All of us at Syracuse University remain dedicated to the safety of our campus community. Our goals are consistent year after year. They are:
- reduce crime by equipping our community members with personal and residential safety and security guidelines and recommendations;
- teach and encourage safe behavior and active bystander best practices;
- inform the campus community about programs, resources and services, because knowledge is a powerful crime-fighting tool;
- inspire and invite others to partner with us in our mission to minimize crime and increase safety on and near campus; and
- consistently work to improve and enhance a meaningful relationship with the community we serve.
We urge you to familiarize yourself with the information, resources and services contained within our report. And we ask that you be a vigilant partner in our ongoing and collective efforts to maintain a safe environment where all our community members can thrive.
To request a print copy of the Your Safety and Security at Syracuse University report, contact Nikki Cooter, regulatory compliance manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.5476. Once you submit your request, your print copy will be delivered within 10 days.
Anthony Callisto Jr.
Senior Vice President for Safety and Chief Law Enforcement Officer
Chief, Department of Public Safety